Thursday 5 April 2012

Supporting GREEN Environment through GREEN Technology

Today as the world population continue to grow. All the green around us are getting our attention as we all know it is part of the natural eco-system that we need to keep in balance.

Many people like myself aware that we need to start doing something to make sure the green environment around us is being protected well. This is important cos we all only have this world. One and only.

Many years ago, we all have started practising what we called as 3R where we start practice Reduce, Reuse and Recycle in our day to day life style. I know very little that I can contribute on my ownself but I continue to make it as part of my life style.

Green Technology is not new. I have heard of it many years ago thru writing, journal and from those who work directly on this area. Many reasons in my opinion that it takes too long to be implemented. 


One of the Green Technology is in the LIGHTING space cos everywhere needs lighting. And I remember 3 years ago when I first take a look on the LED (Light Emitting Diodes) tube that will replace the traditional fluorescent tube. Unfortunately, it was not ready back then as the LED light produced is too glaring (but not bright enough) and the cost is way to expensive. In my opinion, the technology back then is not ready and is not practical to use.


That was 3 years old story, today I can see the technology have improved a lot and many research in this area have move this LED lighting into a more matured stage where is become more practical to use as the light produced is soft and bright enough. And most important it is able to deliver enough lights. And cost also improved a lot.


It has been 2 weeks now that I am using LED tube which I replaced with my traditional Florescent tube cos Florescent tube is the lighting that I use since I am small.


In Penang, Malaysia I am lucky as I have old friends who is a strong believer in LED Lighting and today they design and make a practical LED lighting than can truly replaced our traditional lighting. It is not just help me to save electricity by 70% but it also save me on my air conditional as LED lighting do not produce so much heat like our traditional lighting.

If you are someone like me who would like to support and promote on Green Technology, LED lighting is our baby steps.


LED Lighting also help to reduce the frequency of need to change the tube or bulb due to short service life on these old technology. On top of that all the tradional lighting are using harmful toxic gas and if you can read the label on the bulb, you can see that it contain toxic material like mercury. Just imagine every faulty bulb that you throw, where is all these mercury go?


If you are someone like me, do drop me a email as I can help you to convert the lighting that you use at home to reduce usage on your electricity and to stop allowing the harmful gas release back to our environment every time you change your bulb. You will be suprise how much money you actually can save vs on how much you need to pay on the new LED lighting.


Let us use Green Technology to support Reduce, Reuse and Recyle for our future generations cos our action today decide our tomorrow future.